The Customer Experience Representative (CER) is part of a team responsible for delivering an exceptional level of service and experience for both our customers and potential customers. The CER plays an integral part in raising the bar in service levels and overall customer experience; helping the organization become a leader in world class service. The CER will support and aid in the achievement of the Company’s established sales targets, working closely and collaborating with our Field Sales team to maximize sales and profitability. They will do this while providing exceptional service and communication to both our customers and field sales team. This position will serve as the voice of the customer and advocates for the customer’s needs throughout the organization.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Always identifies customers’ needs and expectations.
- Interfaces with internal departments to deliver on-time responses to customer inquiries
- Serves as the primary voice of the customer and be the customer advocate
- Creates relationships with customers through exemplary service.
- Achieves and is accountable for the assigned metrics developed by the Customer Experience Manager
- Maintains an acceptable turn time and manageable quote/sales order queue
- Provides effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of BC’s products and services
- Manages accounts within a given territory, supporting the revenue targets and service provided through collaboration with field sales
- Facilitates expedites through Order Processing Center (OPC) team
- Drives and builds enthusiasm for Customer Experience.
- Trains and mentors new team members as needed
- Communicates the need to expedite/prioritize quotes and sales orders within the assigned territory to CE
- Obtains customer feedback on opportunities to improve the customer’s experience
- Offers ideas and advice for process improvements that will help increase customer satisfaction
- Strives to learn the quoting process to improve the CE team’s flexibility
- Maintains accurate customer data by updating ERP and CRM systems
- Ensures that RFQs contain all the necessary information before submitting to customer. Engage with customers to get missing information as needed.
Provides order status, tracking numbers, order changes/cancellations, delivery issues, open order status, new customer setup, credit hold status, large account management, missing documents, RMA’s, ICN’s, quality follow up, arranges pick-ups, and assists Field Sales. This position will also be cross-trained in other related processes, generating quotes, processing sales orders and other functions to provide backup and allow support on high demand backlog.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Customer Service or similar role; in the manufacturing industry preferred
- Knowledge of customer service principles and best practices
- Systems Savvy. ERP systems, CRM (HubSpot, Salesforce.com, Oracle on Demand), and strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written is required. Adept at building relationships and trust
- Professional demeanor and proven conflict resolution skills. Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations.
- Empathic communicator, able to understand other points of view and is an active listener
- Strong team player, who prefers working in a team environment and has a successful history working with multiple departments within a company
- Must possess a positive attitude and be a key contributor towards exceptional customer service
- Exceptional Time Management Skills and a passion for servicing others is a must
- Highly responsive to requests with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong experience in problem resolution and a proven track record in customer retention through exceptional service required