Drives the Boston Centerless delivery truck (3-ton capacity) to transport materials in packaged form to businesses, residences, offices, or within the industrial yard.
- Drive truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in area
- Prepare receipts for load picked up
- Verify load against shipping papers. Obtain signatures and paperwork from customer receiving dept.
- Collect payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges. (if needed)
- Maintain truck log according to state, federal, and company regulations
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions
- Is responsible for vehicle fuel card and cell phone
- Knowledge and understanding of emergency procedures
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water. Performs all activities using prescribed safe methods.
- Maintains an organized and clean work area.
- Demonstrates timeliness, courtesy, and patience when interacting with customers
- Assist as needed in the Warehouse / Shipping areas when not driving.
- Other tasks as assigned by Logistics Manager or Warehouse/Shipping Lead.
REQUIREMENTS / BACKGROUND:
- Minimum 9 months commercial driving (24’ truck) experience required
- Possess a valid driver’s license and is a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have or be able to successfully obtain D.O.T. certification (DOT card)
- Strong command of the English language. The ability to speak, understand, read, and write is required
SKILLS, TRAITS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Positive proactive attitude. Acts with integrity
- Demonstrates initiative and independent judgement when managing work
- Good organizational skills
- Prepares paperwork accurately
- Good attendance
- Safety conscious
- Team oriented