Come join our growing team! Boston Centerless is looking to add a Maintenance Technician to provide support performing preventative maintenance on industrial production equipment. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager. Key duties for this position include following preventative maintenance procedures to maintain, repair, and lubricate machinery and support systems as well as utilizing equipment schematics and manuals to diagnose issues with pumps, pneumatics, and simple electrical systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follow instructions to perform preventive maintenance tasks on machinery, cleaning, inspecting, lubricating, and repairing industrial equipment.
- Communicate with co-workers and supervisor to receive instructions and coordinate activities.
- Utilize and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams/drawing for troubleshooting purposes.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Able to quickly identify abnormalities and potential related issues (excessive vibration, noise, etc.)
- Maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment as needed.
- Comfortable and familiar with safe operating practices of powered hand tools.
- Utilize or operate ladders, scissor lifts and forklifts, to work at higher elevations using appropriate safety equipment and practices.
- Maintain/manage a spare parts inventory.
- Set up and operate machine tools, such as lathe, surface grinder, drill, and milling machine to repair or fabricate simple machine parts.
- Routine checks on fire extinguishers, emergency lights and safety eyewash stations.
- Replace air filters on ceiling-hung filtration units as well as rooftop HVAC units.
- (May) Operate cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- (May) Support facilities in cleaning of coolant tanks, empty trash, clean up spills on occasion.
- (May) Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Training and Experience: Minimum of 2 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience, or apprenticeship.
- The employee must be able to perform maintenance tasks with a full range of motion from prone, kneeling, crouched, stooped, bent at the waist, upright and arms fully extended overhead.
- Physical Demands:
- exert 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- exert 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or
- exert up to 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of equipment.
- Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
- Working Conditions:
- normal noise levels from operating machines
- exposure to oils and cutting fluids – rubber gloves provided as needed.
- safety glasses required in the machine-shop area.
- may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- Identifies/reports problems with machine or machining processes to avoid breakdowns.
- Learns and performs job related tasks with instruction.
- Maintains a flexible outlook in maintaining equipment and the facility.
- Prepares paperwork accurately, able to input data into a maintenance management software system.
- Participates in the Quest – the company’s world class continuous process improvement program.
- Abides by the company values.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We’re 21st century artisans – utilizing state-of-the-art technology and old-world craftsmanship to provide precision metal bars, pre-production blanks, and material preparation services to companies machining high precision components for a host of industries, such as medical device and automotive – helping them achieve success through streamlined operational excellence.
At Boston Centerless, we have built an enduring character and approach to business that we call the “BC Way”. The BC Way transcends the products we sell, the markets we serve, and any of our leaders and individuals. This practice is why we come to work every day (Core Purpose) and how we choose to conduct ourselves through guiding principles (Core Values).
We strive to set an example for the manufacturing industry and continually look to improve customer experience, as well as our work environment. Within our company, we celebrate upholding our Core Values with the Golden Bar Award which is given to associates to recognize their exemplary efforts.
Our Service Vision of Raising the Bar with every Interaction, with both internal and external customers, translates our ambition of excellence in customer service through exactitude, engagement, and extraordinary attitude and experience.
To be a role model for U.S. manufacturing.
Growth ● Opportunity ● Pride ● Significance ● Secret Service ● Community
be Trustworthy ● take Initiative ● put the Team First ● demonstrate Excellence
Raise the bar with every interaction.
be Exact ● be Engaged ● be Extraordinary
Boston Centerless is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other legally protected status under applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all aspects of the employment process. If you require assistance or accommodation to complete the application process, please contact the Human Resources team.