To identify, engage, increase market penetration, and generate sales for Boston Centerless’ products and services to achieve Company sales goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prospect, qualify, and generate sales within an assigned geographic area and customer base.
- Identify revenue opportunities within the customers’ communities and verticals through a variety of communication methods to include cold calling, referrals, and social media leads.
- Use industry associations, publications, tradeshow leads, and other means to generate sales opportunities.
- Enhance sales through technical discussions with potential customers via demonstrations, presentations, and educational seminars as required.
- Build, manage, and drive leads to fruition through the sales pipeline via CRM software.
- Remain knowledgeable and current with changes and developments in the business infrastructure.
- Work with each department to ensure customer satisfaction levels are being maintained and exceeded.
- Work with Estimators and Customer Experience Reps to receive quotes in a timely manner.
- Work with the Customer Experience team to create action plans to ensure customers are receiving orders on time and the orders are accurate and complete.
- Provide clear and concise sales and service support to the Field Sales Managers
- Use phone, e-mail, and other technology driven/web enabled sales and marketing tools to support the efforts of the Field Sales Managers and customers.
- Assist in solving operation issues for customers to include: clarifications, delivery information, expediting orders, escalations, discrepancies, and complaints.
- Support Management with reporting, as necessary.
- Participate in National Sales Meetings, twice annually.
- Occasional travel may be required
Job Requirements, Skills, and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an inside sales/sales support role. Prior sales, customer service, and business development experience is also required
- History of sales success, selling within the metals/industrial industry preferred. Other industries may be considered
- MS Office Expertise (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- CRM Expertise (HubSpot, Salesforce.com, Oracle)
- Social Media (for business) savvy to include LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Highly self-disciplined and self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to work in a team. Interface effectively with other members of the Sales team as well as other departments (Customer Service, Marketing, Operations etc.) to best serve the customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to maintain a high sense of urgency, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a results driven culture
- Must have a positive attitude, precise attention to detail, and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to understand forecasting, quoting, and account analysis.
- Ability and desire for self-paced learning; including book, web-base, and classroom participation.