This position is responsible for identifying, engaging, increasing market penetration, and generating sales for Boston Centerless’ products and services to achieve Company sales goals (70%) and to provide support to the Director of Sales (30%).
- Prospect, qualify, and generate sales within an assigned geographic area and customer base
- Identify revenue opportunities within customer communities and verticals through a variety of communication methods to include cold calling, referrals, and social media leads
- Use industry associations, publications, tradeshow leads, and other means to generate sales opportunities
- Enhance sales through technical discussions with potential customers via demonstrations, presentations, and educational seminars
- Build, manage, and drive leads to fruition through the sales pipeline via CRM software
- Remain knowledgeable and current with changes and developments in the business infrastructure
- Work with each department within Boston Centerless to ensure customer satisfaction levels are being maintained and exceeded
- Create action plans to ensure customers are receiving orders on time and the orders are correct and complete; always exceeding customer expectations
- Provide clear and concise sales and service support to the Field Sales Managers
- Assist in solving operation issues for customers to include: clarifications, delivery information, expediting orders, escalations, discrepancies, and complaints
- Support Director of Sales with reporting as necessary
- Must work one day per week from the Woburn office. Other occasional travel may be required.
REQUIREMENTS / BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an Inside Sales/Sales Support role. Prior sales, customer service, and business development experience is also required
- History of sales success, selling within the metals or industrial industry preferred.
- MS Office expertise (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Solid excel experience required.
- CRM expertise (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce.com, Oracle on Demand)
- Must have experience working from a home office
SKILLS, TRAITS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly self-disciplined and self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks
- Ability to maintain a high level of activity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively in a results driven culture
- Must have a positive attitude, high sense of urgency, precise attention to detail, and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to understand forecasting, quoting, and account analysis
- Social Media (for business) savvy to include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Ability and desire for self-paced learning; including book, web-base, and classroom participation.