Under general supervision, set up and operate the mechanical straightening machines including changeovers. Utilizes precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, and roundness gauges to check accuracy of work.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic. Which would include, but not be limited to, a responsible attitude, a good attendance record; commitment to working safely, a proactive attitude, and demonstrated ability to take responsibility for problems. Able to follow instructions and otherwise handle assignments in an exemplary manner.
- Demonstrate initiative and independent judgment for managing work, assisting team members, addressing unforeseen problems, and improving departments performance.
- Act with integrity.
- Ability to work and complete given assignments without direct supervision.
- Share information and collaborate for process improvement throughout the shop.
- Knowledge of basic fractions and decimal conversions.
- Ability to measure length using carpenters ruler and other measuring devices.
- Set up and operate straightening machines.
- Feed metal bars (weighing up to 50 lbs.) through machine.
- Use precision measuring instruments to check accuracy of work.
- Make adjustments independently and notify engineering manager of when more complex machine adjustments are needed.
- Use material handling equipment such as carts, to transport material.
- Perform general maintenance on straightening machines.
- Deliver material to Value Streams following prescribed practice or instruction.
- Accurately count pieces of material.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Perform all work safely and efficiently.
- Perform all other job duties as required.
- Must be able to perform light push/pull tasks at waist level.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, up to 50 pounds, using material handling equipment.
- Must have fine motor hand dexterity.
- Visual acuity, with or without accommodation, are required for reading orders, machine dial gauges, and precision measuring instruments.
- Hearing ability is required to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes.