This position is accountable for managing and supervising the operations team and services within the assigned shift. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of performance, including process control, on-time delivery, quality, planning/scheduling, process design, and continuous improvement. Must be able to work cooperatively with leaders and managers to optimize the shift in the eyes of the customer. Works in partnership with others to coordinate daily shipments and balance the production load throughout the operation. Is comfortable working in a matrix organization to coordinate support functions and ensure overall customer needs are met.
- Align team efforts to ensure they support the Company’s business strategies.
- Assess strengths and growth areas for team members.
- Assist in the hiring process and performance evaluations
- Coach, train, support and develop a team of flexible, multi-skilled employees in accordance with our lean philosophy, company vision, values, and strategic direction.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and work habits.
- Ensure quality assurance standards are being met within the plant.
- Review production orders and schedules to ascertain product data such as quantity, specification, and scheduled delivery dates to plan focused operations. Emphasizes safety, quality, cost, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to train, coach and implement lean thinking: TPS methodology and tools, value stream mapping, current/future state value stream analysis, Kaizen, 5S, visual management, standardized work, elimination of wastes, process controls, virtual Kanban for enhanced information flow, problem solving.
- Complete required reporting and administrative tasks, such as time and attendance, vacations, key performance metrics, quick and easy Kaizen, 6S audits, direct/indirect hours control, quality/scrap, etc.
- Manage resources to meet strategic plans and short-term objectives in quality and on-time delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Lead daily meetings.
- Utilize Leaders Standard Work as a tool for the effective execution of daily/weekly tasks.
- Perform all other job duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS / BACKGROUND:
- 7+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment required, with a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory position.
- BS in Business or Engineering preferred
- Exposure to production volumes in $50-$100 million range.
- Strongly prefer a background in leading edge manufacturing techniques, including Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.
- Proficient use of data-driven tools such as MS Excel; creating information for making decisions.
- Demonstrated internal and external communication skills (written and oral) required.
- Knowledge of domestic transportation industry including DOT and HAZMAT compliance regulations and international import/export legislation to effectively troubleshoot any issues that may arise in international freight transportation.
- Basic accounting and budget process skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent proactive problem solving, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Establish and nurture a respectful work environment. Demonstrate tact and diplomacy when handling employee relations.
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and operations.
- Flexible to work hours required to meet the needs of the business.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- Responsible and proactive attitude, excellent attendance record and tackles projects and situations in an exemplary manner.
- Demonstrate high expectations for yourself and others.
- Uphold TITE core values (Trustworthy, Initiative, Team First, Excellence).
- Act as a role model to team members and be recognized as a leader within the organization.
- Seeks further education and development.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We’re 21st century artisans – utilizing state-of-the-art technology and old-world craftsmanship to provide precision metal bars, pre-production blanks, and material preparation services to companies machining high precision components for a host of industries, such as medical device and automotive – helping them achieve success through streamlined operational excellence.
At Boston Centerless, we have built an enduring character and approach to business that we call the “BC Way”. The BC Way transcends the products we sell, the markets we serve, and any of our leaders and individuals. This practice is why we come to work every day (Core Purpose) and how we choose to conduct ourselves through guiding principles (Core Values).
We strive to set an example for the manufacturing industry and continually look to improve customer experience, as well as our work environment. Within our company, we celebrate upholding our Core Values with the Golden Bar Award which is given to associates to recognize their exemplary efforts.
Our Service Vision of Raising the Bar with every Interaction, with both internal and external customers, translates our ambition of excellence in customer service through exactitude, engagement, and extraordinary attitude and experience.
To be a role model for U.S. manufacturing.
Growth ● Opportunity ● Pride ● Significance ● Secret Service ● Community
be Trustworthy ● take Initiative ● put the Team First ● demonstrate Excellence
Raise the bar with every interaction.
be Exact ● be Engaged ● be Extraordinary