- Evaluates, sets up, and runs jobs through the material validation center; generates reports, and communicates results as required to manufacturing and production control as needed.
- Provide additional CAD (Solidworks) and manufacturing support to engineering department.
- Candidate with 3D printing, manual vertical milling and lathe machining experience preferred.
- Electrical troubleshooting knowledge and PLC experience a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong oral and written skills in the English language
- Technical Math background (Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry)
- Must possess the desire and ability to be certified to Level II or higher NDT UT, ET certification
- Functional knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude. Engineering degree highly preferred.
- Follow written procedures to setup and perform NDT (non-destructive testing) examinations on various diameters and metal alloys per Boston Centerless’ written procedures
- Perform test setup/standardization of MVC work center to test equipment detailed on the job order traveler
- Establish that the standardization/setup has been performed correctly by passing the reference standard through the MVC test system at least 3 times to insure good repeatable detection
- Load material to be inspected onto the MVC feed table
- Process parts through the MVC test station per approved job order
- Report the results of NDT examinations accurately; detailing the number of pieces accepted, number of pieces rejected, and total number of pieces tested
- Report any discrepancies between traveler and issued material, including but not limited to, differences in alloy type, heat number, or quantity, to the supervisor or manager before proceeding with material inspection
- Maintain and keep certifications current through periodic examination, which can be written
- Visual Acuity: Near acuity, with or without, accommodation is required for reading machine dial gauges, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of equipment
- Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action
- Normal noise levels from operating machines
- Exposure to oils and cutting fluids
- Safety glasses required in the shop area
- Participates in the Quest – the company’s world class continuous process improvement program
- Abides by the company values
- Maintains a good attendance record
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We’re 21st century artisans – utilizing state-of-the-art technology and old-world craftsmanship to provide precision metal bars, pre-production blanks, and material preparation services to companies machining high precision components for a host of industries, such as medical device and automotive – helping them achieve success through streamlined operational excellence.
At Boston Centerless, we have built an enduring character and approach to business that we call the “BC Way”. The BC Way transcends the products we sell, the markets we serve, and any of our leaders and individuals. This practice is why we come to work every day (Core Purpose) and how we choose to conduct ourselves through guiding principles (Core Values).
We strive to set an example for the manufacturing industry and continually look to improve customer experience, as well as our work environment. Within our company, we celebrate upholding our Core Values with the Golden Bar Award which is given to associates to recognize their exemplary efforts.
Our Service Vision of Raising the Bar with every Interaction, with both internal and external customers, translates our ambition of excellence in customer service through exactitude, engagement, and extraordinary attitude and experience.
To be a role model for U.S. manufacturing.
Growth ● Opportunity ● Pride ● Significance ● Secret Service ● Community
be Trustworthy ● take Initiative ● put the Team First ● demonstrate Excellence
Raise the bar with every interaction.
be Exact ● be Engaged ● be Extraordinary