Position Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Manages the quality functions and personnel to ensure compliance with customer requirements and/or company specifications. Establishes, monitors, facilitates improvements and maintains quality control system. Determines types of tests to be performed as well as documentation and reporting requirements. Interacts regularly with engineering, manufacturing and service functions to establish quality standards for raw material, work in process and finished products. This person will be a hands-on manager who leads by example. Manages and directs ISO and Nadcap reporting and procedural requirements to maintain company qualifications.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, coordinates, directs and implement Quality Assurance functions to verify that all raw materials, WIP and finished product conform to requirements as defined by company and its customers.
- Directs and conducts the raw material quality control programs.
- Manage the implementation and improvement of quality systems and processes.
- Support production by developing and implementing appropriate quality training for new hires and actively participating in daily production meetings.
- Determine Quality team budgetary requirements and manage within budget.
- Proficiency in ISO and Nadcap quality management systems and the ability to implement and maintain such systems.
- Provides timely support and maintains close communications with production and other departments so that decisions are made and quality issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Develop inspection methodologies and procedures for raw materials, WIP and finished products.
- Responsible for having the inspection, measurement and test equipment within the quality system calibrated and maintained.
- Verify accuracy and reliability of procedures and equipment used in measurement.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Develop, implement and oversee execution of procedures to control non-conforming raw materials.
- Conduct internal audits to verify effectiveness of QA systems along with recommended corrective and preventive action plans.
- Schedules work load of department employees and equipment to meet required throughput and timing.
- Develop key performance indicators for quality and presentations for employees.
- Monitor and review employee performance.
- Provide coaching, motivation and leadership for the quality group.
- Analyze and interpret data.
- Champion unquestionable integrity and values.
- Agree to further education and development by attending classes, schools and seminars.
- As a key member of the management team, support the strategic development of the company and the achievement of operational excellence.
- Performs all other job duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO DO THE JOB:
- Bachelors Degree highly preferred; 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Extensive industry, product/service knowledge.
- Experience writing quality inspection procedures and work instructions.
- Familiar with ISO and Nadcap, AS9100, inspection methods, statistical techniques and equipment calibration.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Should be familiar with all inspection gauges, optical and measuring machine technologies as well as programming ability for the above equipment.
- Proficiency in problem solving and quality techniques such as mechanical inspection and SPC.
- Must be proactive, results oriented with a strong customer focus.
- Must have strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across the organization and with customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude.
- Ability to foster and manager effective relationships inside the company.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Flexible to meet deadlines.
- Responds to urgencies promptly.
- Able to manage multiple projects.
This job description reflects the principal functions of the job for the purpose of job evaluation. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job nor shall be construed as giving exclusive responsibility for every function described.
We’re 21st century artisans – utilizing state-of-the-art technology and old-world craftsmanship to provide precision metal bars, pre-production blanks, and material preparation services to companies machining high precision components for a host of industries, such as medical device and automotive – helping them achieve success through streamlined operational excellence.
At Boston Centerless, we have built enduring character guidelines and an approach to business that we call the “BC Way”. The BC Way transcends the products we sell, the markets we serve, and any of our leaders and individuals. This practice is why we come to work every day (Core Purpose) and how we choose to conduct ourselves through guiding principles (Core Values).
We strive to set an example for the manufacturing industry and continually look to improve customer experience, as well as our work environment. Within our company, we celebrate upholding our Core Values with the Golden Bar Award which is given to associates to recognize their exemplary efforts.
Our Service Vision of Raising the Bar with every Interaction, with both internal and external customers, translates our ambition of excellence in customer service through exactitude, engagement, and extraordinary attitude and experience.
To be a role model for U.S. manufacturing.
Growth ● Opportunity ● Pride ● Significance ● Secret Service ● Community
be Trustworthy ● take Initiative ● put the Team First ● demonstrate Excellence
Raise the bar with every interaction.
be Exact ● be Engaged ● be Extraordinary