This position is responsible for a variety of warehouse duties that may include picking/verifying customer orders, replenishment, shipping/receiving and material handling. May use automated warehouse management system. Will operate hand and power equipment to pick/store material throughout warehouse. Performs secondary operations such as cutting and chamfering.
- Picks material from stock or floor locations according to job prioritizations
- Receives material as delivered by various carriers ensuring that paperwork is correct
- Counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Loads/unloads material and goods from incoming/outgoing trucks using material handling equipment
- Delivers material to Operating cells following prescribed practice or instruction
- Moves, stores and spaces materials as directed
- Inspects/maintains warehouse equipment and supplies
- Cuts material on vertical band and abrasive saws
- Chamfers material on grinder or sander
- Shares information and collaborates for process improvement throughout the shop
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Coordinator
REQUIREMENTS / BACKGROUND:
- Knowledge of basic math including fractions and decimal conversions is required
- Ability to measure diameter/length/weight using carpenters rule, scale and other measuring devices
- High attention to detail. Must be able to accurately count and mark bars/pieces of material
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Basic data entry and computer experienc
- Must be able to perform tasks with a full range of motion from kneeling, crouched, stooped, bent at the waist, upright and arms fully extended overhead
- Must have the ability to climb stairs and walk/stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, push, pull, up to 75 pounds.
- Visual acuity is required for reading orders, machine dial gauges and precision measuring instruments.
- Hearing ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose change
SKILLS, TRAITS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Positive proactive attitude. Acts with integrity
- Demonstrates initiative and independent judgement when managing work
- Good attendance
- Safety conscious
- Team oriented
- Maintains a clean and orderly work space
We’re 21st century artisans – utilizing state-of-the-art technology and old-world craftsmanship to provide precision metal bars, pre-production blanks and material preparation services to companies machining high precision components for a host of industries like medical device and automotive – helping them achieve success through streamlined operational excellence.