This position is responsible for the daily operations in our receiving, put away, picking, and inventory teams. In addition to the daily operations, the Lead will also be responsible for safety, training, and ensuring process efficiency and quality. He or she will be involved in all aspects of our Safety Program including but not limited to: employee training, performing preventative maintenance on our material handler equipment such as fork trucks, pallet jacks, and overhead cranes, as well as our non-material hander equipment such as chamfer and cutting machines.
This is a hands on position that will work closely with the Logistics Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Shipping Coordinator, and Production Leads.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct and monitor daily activities of receiving, incoming inspection, and all warehousing functions
- Loads and unloads material and goods from incoming trucks using material handling equipment
- Manage inventory transactions and overall inventory through cycle counts
- Analyze storage requirements and space utilization. Make recommendations for improvements and organization, and develop Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practices
- Deliver results consistent with goals, expectations, and regulations in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Productivity and Environment
- Responsible for overseeing compliance with safety programs and policies to ensure safe operations and compliance with state and federal regulations
- Reviews production operations schedules and coordinates people and processes to help ensure achievement of production, on time delivery, and quality expectations
- Inspects/maintains warehouse equipment and supplies
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Performs all work safely and efficiently
- Performs all other job duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED TO DO THE JOB:
- Associates Degree preferred with 5 years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of material handling, scheduling, safety, inventory control, Lean Manufacturing and ISO.
- Must be proactive, and results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across the organization
- Demonstrated level of professionalism and positive attitude
- Ability to foster and manage effective relationships inside the company
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Flexible with high energy, able to handle multiple tasks smoothly; self-starter with ability to teach
- Detail oriented with attention to accuracy
- Computer proficiency, working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to perform tasks with a full range of motion: kneeling, crouched, stooped, bent at the waist, upright and arms fully extended overhead
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 75 pounds
- Visual acuity and accommodation are required for reading orders, machine dial gauges and precision measuring instruments
- Hearing ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action